Sunday, October 01, 2006

Dear Fernando,

I'm not too sure if this is going to be of any help, or even related toyour idea of contributing to the Blog, but I will talk about it anyway.I find this method quite helpful while doing revision with my studentsespecially when exams are just a few weeks away.What I do is that I photostat a few very good scripts on a particularquestion (a past year A-Level exam question) of my students (formerstudents or students from other classes). I then hand over a script toeach group comprising of 3-4 at most, and then get them to mark thescript as per suggested answers, with their respective mark allocation,handed to them as a guide. The scripts are then inter-changed with theother groups, until all the scripts have been read by all the groups.Marks are then compared/ commented upon.By so doing, the weaker students get some ideas to go about answering thatquestion. At the same time, while reading different essays on the sametopic, it helps the students to remember and understand a topic better.

Regards,

Sunthary

No comments: